Sunday, February 10, 2013

Ezekiel's shower/celebration of life


Saturday we went to Brittni and Stephen's baby shower for Ezekiel. It was the most incredible celebration full of people who love and care so deeply for this beautiful family. They went all out for their 'little man". It was decked out in red, teal and of course... mustaches. 

 His cake (which was not only beautiful, but extremely decadent as well) was a hit. The top tier was lemon and the bottom was strawberries and champagne. Yum!
 The colors were  SO Brit! It was modern and chic... they did such a wonderful job!
 His Grandma, my best friend Tracey, bought him the sweetest Moses basket. The blankets were made with love by Grandma also. Can you feel the love for Zeke through these pictures?
 Touches of little man EVERYWHERE! How adorable are these baby Chucks?
 This table was full of information about Anencephaly. The red crate had fabric squares that you could personalize for a quilt that will be made in the near future. Sweet hats that were made especially for Zeke adorned the table as well.
 Such a perfect day to celebrate Zeke, with close family and friends.
 Brittni's newest addition, Jax. He made quite the appearance during the shower. He is such a sweet dog.
 Here I am writing on one of the squares that will be used for the quilt. The first thing that came to mind was a verse  from Psalms, "I am fearfully and wonderfully made", because Zeke is!



 The glowing Mommy opening our gift. Isn't she pretty?
 Proud parents of Zeke. They are so incredibly strong, facing this with unending faith.

 The 3D/4D ultrasounds of his darling face. How could you not love that little button nose?
My two sweet girls. Britt and my daughter Elle. They grew up together. They are sisters at heart. I love these two girls!!! 


The day was filled with so much love. It was good to be able to see my sweet friend and share in this blessing with them.

You can still make donations for Ezekiel. Just click here to go to the website that his mommy and daddy set up for his memorial bench. You can also read about their journey on their facebook page.

Thank you so much. Please keep this sweet family in your prayers.

Cathy
xo

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing celebration of love Cathy. And that picture at the end of Elle and Britt is just beautiful. Beautiful just like their friendship. I am so touched by Britt's strength through all of this. What an amazing woman. Their family is in my prayers every night.

    And thank you so much for your encouraging and loving words on my blog Cathy. You are too good to me! And I'm so thankful you are in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin. I am so very thankful for your friendship. You have to be the sweetest person I have ever met. I love reading about your days. Good and bad. We all have both. Hang in there. This to shall pass.

      Tomorrow I will be posting pictures of my babies and a picture of Elle. She cut her hair very short and did what she has wanted to do for her brother for a long time. She gave to Locks of love.

      Thank you again Erin.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for inviting me to view these photos on your blog. It's truly heartwarming to witness such love and faith ~ what a wonderful celebration of life. And I love the colors that were chosen for the shower! So bright and cheerful. This family has been in my thoughts and prayers ever since I was introduced to them on Erin's blog. They have touched my heart. I know that these last two weeks of pregnancy will be precious to them, and I'm continually praying for their strength at the time of Zeke's birth.

    Such a beautiful baby boy. He has already touched the lives of so many.

    Sending my love and prayers for baby Zeke and his family,
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete