Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Give a little bit of love

I am writing this post today with a heavy heart. It is times like this that we stop and realize that sometimes things don't always turn out like we plan them. However, we still feel blessed by the love God has for us.

 I would like to share a story about a couple who I have the privilege of knowing. I have known Brittni for 22 years. Her mom, Tracey and I are very close. She was there for me when my son had cancer and she held me up when the doctor's had me in a little room and gave me news that no mother wants to hear. She took care of my little girl as if she were her own, so my husband and I could be by my son's bedside and never leave. Our son went home to be with the Lord. But Tracey has and is still there for me and helps to keep my son's memory alive.

 Now, it is time for me, in some small way, to be there for her daughter. Brittni was told that her precious baby Ezekiel Anthony has anencephaly, which means he will only grace our lives for a very short time. Both her and her husband have chose to carry their sweet baby to term. He is a blessing from God and has already touched many hearts. They both have a love for Jesus that is unwavering which shows through their love, courage and strength.

 Steven and Brittni want so badly to have something that will always remind them of their baby boy. They are now raising funds for a memorial bench in honor of their sweet Ezekiel Anthony. I am asking if you could please help them raise some of the funds to make their wish come true.

 Ezekiel may go from his mommy's womb to the arms of Jesus, or he may stay for a short time. Only our Heavenly Father knows.

 Could you please take a minute click here for all the information and a story from Zeke's mommy and daddy, and if you can find it in your heart. Please give a little love.

Thank you, God bless you, Cathy

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog today regarding my comment on Erin's blog :) This story touches my heart. I admire these parents so much.

    I hope they won't mind but I shared their story on my blog today and included the links to the FB page and to the memorial bench page. I really hope it helps to get more donations.

    I'm sorry for the loss of your son :( It just breaks my heart when I hear of a mother who experiences the loss of a child. Truly, there must be no greater pain.

    God bless,
    Katrina

    They All Call Me Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Katrina. Losing a child is agony. I do believe I will see my young son again.

    Something led me back to your blog tonight. I started reading your post and since I am new to your blog, I didn't know you were expecting. Congrats to you. Your family is beautiful. When I got to the part about Zeke. the floodgates opened. What a beautiful post. Thank you so much! We are so proud of Steven and Brittni. She is one of the sweetest girls. You are right! Baby Zeke has a huge purpose.

    God Bless,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your friends little one. God's ways are not our own, this life has many trials, praying for peace.

    ReplyDelete